This is an archived copy of the 2016-17 catalogue. To access the most recent version of the catalogue, please visit

Withdrawal from a Graduate Degree Program

Students must notify the Graduate College dean's office, in writing, of their intent to withdraw from a degree program. If a student does not register at the University of Vermont for course work, thesis or dissertation research, or continuous registration for a period of more than one calendar year, and does not notify the department or the Graduate College dean's office, in writing, the student will be considered to have withdrawn from the degree program. It will be necessary to apply for reactivation and pay a reactivation fee if the student wishes to resume the graduate program. Approval of both the Graduate Program Director (or equivalent) and the Dean of the Graduate College is required for reactivation.