This is an archived copy of the 2016-17 catalogue. To access the most recent version of the catalogue, please visit

Acceptable Proof of Graduation

  • High School Diploma. (Some home-schooled students receive a diploma from their area secondary school.)
  • General Education Development (GED) certificates, HiSET exam (a passing score of 45 or above for the total scaled score is required) or state certificates.
  • A Certificate of Completion of a home-study program if the program is recognized by the student’s home state.
  • For transfer students only: if a formerly home-schooled student has completed sixty semester credits of college course work comparable to UVM course work and has met all entrance requirements, no proof of high school graduation is required.