The Graduate College of the University of Vermont is responsible for all advanced degree programs except the program leading to the degree of Doctor of Medicine. Degree requirements for graduate students vary by academic program and degree type. Please see below for degree specific requirements of the Graduate College and program pages for additional program specific requirements.
Minimum Grade-Point Average Requirement
To meet the graduation requirements of the Graduate College, a student must have attained a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.00. Individual graduate programs may require a higher grade-point average for graduation. Transfer of credit grades cannot be included in this average. Additionally, at least 15 graded credit hours must have been taken after the student matriculated in the graduate program.
- Requirements for Accelerated Master’s Programs
- Requirements for Certificates of Graduate Study
- Requirements for the Master's Degree
- Requirements for the Master of Education Degree
- Requirements for the Doctor of Education Degree
- Requirements for the Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree
- Requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree
- Requirements for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree