Directory Information Exclusion
Some information about students is considered “directory information”. The university may publicly share “directory information” unless the student has taken formal action to restrict its release.
A student must formally request the university registrar to prevent disclosure of directory information, except to school officials with legitimate educational interests and certain others as specified in the regulations. Once filed, this request becomes a permanent part of the student’s record until the student instructs the university to have the request removed.
Directory information includes the following student information:
- Telephone number
- University-issued email address
- Dates of attendance
- Class (grade level)
- Most recent educational agency or institution(s) attended
- Major field of study
- Enrollment status
- Honors (including Dean’s list)
- Degree(s) conferred (including dates)
- Past and present participation in officially recognized sports and activities
- Physical factors: height, weight (applies to Varsity student-athletes only)
- Residency or other post-completion placements (applies to Larner College of Medicine students only)
Students who do not wish to have the above information released should request a directory exclusion via myUVM.
For more information, refer to the FERPA Rights Disclosure policy webpage.