Interdisciplinary Study of Disabilities (ISD) CGS
All students must meet the Requirements for the Certificates of Graduate Study
The Certificate of Graduate Study in ISD provides education, social services, healthcare, other professionals, and individuals with disabilities and their family members, access to a cohesive and relevant course of studies to enhance their education and instructional knowledge of disability studies. The certificate includes a total of eighteen credits, nine in core courses and nine in approved elective courses. Two options are offered:
- Establish a general understanding of disabilities and of related interdisciplinary practices across disciplines;
- Combine core courses with the focused study of a specific disability or related practice area.
Requirements for Admission to Graduate Studies for the Certificate of Graduate Study
- Competed bachelor’s degree
- Completed Graduate College Application
- Official transcripts from each college or university where credit has been earned
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement of purpose
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.00 is recommended
Minimum Degree Requirements
The Certificate of Graduate Study in the ISD requires eighteen credits. Students admitted to the program must complete EDSP/CSD 274 and develop an individualized plan of study for the remaining 15 credits. Depending on the chosen field of study, students work with their graduate advisor and/or the coordinator of this certificate program to identify six additional required core credits and nine elective credits of coursework for their degree plan. VT LEND students taking this certificate are required to complete the following three required courses (nine credits) and three elective courses (nine credits).
The three required core courses for VT LEND students are:
|CSD 311/GRNS 380||Intrdsc Sem Neurodev Disabil I||3|
|CSD 312/GRNS 381||Intrdsc Sem Neurodev Disabil 2||3|
|EDSP/CSD 274||D2:Culture of Disability||3|
Additional information about this program in the ISD is available from the Certificate of Graduate Study website.