Acceptable Proof of Graduation

  • High School Diploma. (Some home-schooled students receive a diploma from their area secondary school.) High School Transcript with date of graduation noted.
  • General Education Development (GED) certificates, HiSET exam (a passing score of 45 or above for the total scaled score is required) or state certificates.
  • A Certificate of Completion of a home-study program if the program is recognized by the student’s home state.
  • For transfer students only: if a formerly home-schooled student has completed sixty semester credits of college course work comparable to the University of Vermont course work and has met all entrance requirements, no proof of high school graduation is required.
  • Examination results for students educated outside the U.S.A.