Leadership for Sustainability M.P.S.
All students must meet the Requirements for the Master of Professional Studies Degree
The Masters of Professional Studies in Leadership for Sustainability is a 2-year online graduate program designed for emerging and experienced leaders who wish to deepen their capacity to catalyze change and transcend boundaries. This 2-year program offers a blend of intensives, interactive online courses, professional coaching, and is supported by a network of faculty and professional affiliates. The program curriculum explores leadership practices that are inspired by the wisdom of nature and challenge systems of domination, oppression, colonialism, and extraction.
Requirements for Admission to Graduate Studies for the Degree of Master of Professional studies
Requirements for Admission to Graduate Studies for the Degree of Master of Professional Studies
- A sound academic record, including a baccalaureate degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- 3 letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate's academic and professional potential for graduate work
- A personal statement articulating motivation for participating in this program
- For international students whose native language is not English or who have not completed undergraduate degrees in English, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores must be submitted.
Minimum Degree Requirements
Successful completion of 30 credits, including:
|NR 311||Leadership for Sustainability||3|
|NR 312||Power Privlge & Catalyz Change||3|
|NR 388||Ecological Leadership Seminar (fall/spring)||3|
|NR 389||Ecological Ldership Practicum||3|
|NR 392||Master's Project Research||6|
|An approved set of courses that fulfill track specialization or a suite of elective courses based on student interests.||9|
The Capstone is designed to provide MLS students with an applied leadership experience that integrates core program-level learning outcomes while addressing pressing challenges/opportunities in their own home community/organization. The project process is supported through a combination of online modules, professional affiliate coaching, and faculty mentorship, feedback and assessment.
Students are required to develop and defend a project proposal; implement project activities and methods; complete a culminating final report; and present their Capstone project at the annual Leadership for Sustainability Summit.
The written comprehensive exam will take place during the second year of the MLS Program. The exam will require students to demonstrate competency in the MLS programmatic learning outcomes. Each student’s comprehensive exam will be administered and assessed by a team of MLS faculty members and professional affiliates.
Requirements for Advancement to Candidacy for the Degree of Master of Professional Studies
- Completion of the 30 academic credit sequence described above
- Completion of the Capstone Project and Comprehensive Exam
- Presentation at the annual Leadership for Sustainability Summit